I'll keep this update short as we have many guests at home at the moment. Robin's parents, brother and aunt are visiting us just at the right time: chestnut season!
In the last week:
- We gathered and roasted so many chestnuts! We discovered that there are many different varieties that all have their specificities. To look into.
- The castagnades — or chestnut festivals — have started in the neighboring villages. We went to the one in Joyeuse, stumbled upon some winemaker friends, ate a lot of chestnut-themed dishes and had fun!
- We did a lot of end-of-summer tasks in the garden: we strengthened the compost container, removed the dying tomato plants and started to prep some of the terraces for next year.
- We picked up several baskets of walnuts to dry.
- We finally started to crack the dried walnuts from last year.
- We finished watching the second season of Our Flag Means Death, a hilarious pirate-themed tv series.