- Olive oil
- Make sure all vegetables are cut into roughly equal sizes so that they roast evenly. If you have varying sizes you may end up with undercooked vegetables and that's not much of a problem for broccoli, zucchini, and cauliflower, but root vegetables generally taste best when fully roasted.
- Optional: Parboil the vegetables with salt for 6–8 minutes. Strain thoroughly. You could potentially freeze the vegetables at this step for future use.
- In a big bowl, add your vegetables, some olive oil, seasoning and toss to combine.
- Preheat oven to 230 °C with convection. Line a largest roasting sheet with parchment paper and add your vegetables on top. Make sure that there is enough space between them.
- Roast until vegetables are soft and crispy for 30–45 minutes. Toss once halfway.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Tip 1: If you roast multiple trays at once, place the heartiest vegetables on the lowest oven rack.
Tip 2: Roasted vegetables are ideal to use in buddha bowls.
Adapted from this original recipe