- 190 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder (or Natron if we use some extra sourdough starter)
- 1 tbsp. sourdough starteroptional
- 0.5 tsp. salt
- 190 g sugar
- 170 g butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 5+ tbsp. orange juice (or juice of half an orange)
- 1 orange zest
- 250 ml sour cream
- 1 squeeze lemon juice (or more to taste)optional
- 1 apple, sliced in small piecesoptional
Link to original recipe
- Preheat oven to 180 °C and grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar for 5 minutes, until it's nice and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing until each is fully combined. Add the sourdough starter and orange zest.
- Add the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder (or Natron), and salt. Mix until fully combined.
- Add the orange juice, lemon juice and sour cream, mix until fully combined.
- Add slices of apple to the mixture.
- Bake for 60–65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let it cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
Tip: I put the butter in the oven at 30 °C for 10 minutes to get it soft enough to work with.↑ Back to the ingredients