- Lots of spinach leaves (or leaves from other similar plants)
- Ice cubes
- Wash the spinach, discarding the stems and spoiled leaves.
- Fill a bowl with ice water. Set aside.
- Blanch the leaves for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the spinach to the ice water for 3 minutes.
- Drain the spinach and allow it to fully drain. You may need to gently squeeze some excess water out.
- Divide the spinach into separate portions and freeze them.
Tip: Blanching spinach before freezing is necessary if you don't intend to eat it within one month.
Adapted from this original recipe