- 20 small potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepperoptional
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by an inch or two. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and cook at a steady simmer for about 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender enough to be easily pierced with the tip of a knife. Drain and quickly move to the next step while the potatoes are still hot.
- Gently flatten the potatoes to about 1 cm with a wooden spoon and transfer them onto the parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 230 °C. Let the potatoes come to room temperature before continuing.
- Brush olive oil evenly over the potatoes, lifting each one slightly to brush some oil underneath. Sprinkle potatoes evenly with salt. Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes. Flip them over and cook for another 20-25 minutes, until they're crisp and brown around the edges. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve as is or with additional toppings.
Adapted from this original recipe