- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- red pepper flakes optional
- fennel seeds optional
- 2 slices dried salami, cut into small pieces optional
- 1 green cabbage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup broth
- 10 small potatoes, cut into 2 cm chunks
- 1 splash white vinegar or lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper flakes, fennel seeds, salami and cook until the onion softens.
- Add cabbage, potatoes, broth, salt and pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid and increase heat to medium-high. Cook until most of liquid has evaporated (about 12 to 14 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Finish with a splash of white vinegar or lemon juice.