- 8 ounces spinach, cleaned and washed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1.5 tsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Silgochu (Korean dried shredded red pepper) optional
- Blanch the spinach for 30 seconds to 1 minute with lid off, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Strain the spinach and rinse in cold water a couple of times to remove any residual dirt.
- Squeeze out excess water and cut a few times into bite size pieces.
- Mix the spinach with garlic, green onion, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, and sesame seeds in a mixing bowl by hand.
- Transfer to a bowl or plate and garnish with silgochu, if used.
- Serve with rice.